The National Renewable Energy Lab is excited to announce the 30 competitively selected startup companies who will be presenting at the 2015 Industry Growth Forum. The selected companies will pitch their business plans to a panel of investors and industry experts on November 3 and 4th in Denver, Colorado.
2015 Presenting Companies:
- Acumentrics/New CO2 Fuels (Massachusetts, USA)
- Autowatts (Colorado, USA)
- Be Power Tech, Inc. (Florida, USA)
- Biogenic Energy (California, USA)
- CSD Nano, Inc. (Oregon, USA)
- Design Flux Technologies, LLC (Ohio, USA)
- Dropcountr (California, USA)
- ESS Inc. (Oregon, USA)
- Firebee SPC (Washington, USA)
- Frontline Aerospace, Inc. (Colorado, USA)
- Glucan Biorenewables (Missouri, USA)
- HOMER Energy (Colorado, USA)
- InnoSys (Utah, USA)
- Inventev (Michigan, USA)
- Lightning Hybrids (Colorado, USA)
- LiquidCool Solutions (Minnesota, USA)
- Next Energy Technologies Inc. (California, USA)
- OPUS 12 (California, USA)
- Powerhive (California, USA)
- Sibelloptics (Colorado, USA)
- Sistine Solar (Massachusetts, USA)
- Soliculture (California, USA)
- Sonne Industries, LLC (Illinois, USA)
- Sourcewater (Massachusetts, USA)
- Spectrum (California, USA)
- Stone Mountain Technologies, Inc. (Tennessee, USA)
- Sun Number (Colorado, USA)
- Teslatricity (Texas, South Dakota, Florida, USA)
- Triea Technologies (Maryland, USA)
- VG SmartGlass (Illinois, USA)
The Forum provides an ideal platform to convene the investment community with emerging startups in the space, and each year attracts over 400 venture capitalists, corporate investors, energy executives, high caliber entrepreneurial companies, and government officials. For clean energy startups, this proves a highly valuable opportunity to accelerate their company.
Each presenting company has been paired with a mentor from NREL’s network of investors and national incubators. Mentors will work individually with their assigned company to help review and prepare their pitch prior to their presentation. When it comes time in November, the selected companies will present their business plan to a panel of investors, ultimately competing to win the NREL Best Venture Award.
The One-on-One Networking Session, three hours of speed dating, is the kick-off event of the Forum. This dedicated networking session (available to all attending entrepreneurs) allows startups to sign up for 10-minute meetings with over 60 seated investment professionals and key government agencies. Over 600 individual meetings take place during this time. Sign up for companies who applied to the Forum opens October 5th!
Alongside connection to the investment community, the Forum also provides a great opportunity to get insight into work being done at the lab. A representation of NREL technology centers are present during the One-on-One Networking session and throughout the event, and are available to IGF attendees interested in learning more about lab resources that are available to industry.
As the nation’s premier cleantech event for over 20 years, the IGF has a tried and true impact on the industry. Since 2003, presenting companies have raised more than $5 billion in follow-on funding. We are excited to see what this year’s cohort of selected companies will to bring to the table!